Recording Subjective EHR Information
- Click a patient in the EHR status window and click “View Exam”
- Click the appropriate button on the left that describes the patient’s symptoms. (NOTE: Only one description for each complaint can be selected at a time. This prevents confusion when there is multiple complaints)
- Click on the area on the body figures where the symptoms are located. (NOTE: To avoid confusion, only one side of the figure will be available for each complaint).
- Click on the statement that describes how frequently the patient feels their symptoms.
- Click and drag the scroll bar located on the visual analog scale to the level that best describes the intensity of the patient’s pain.
- Select options related to the chief complaints history below the list of entered complaints.
- Type additional information in the text box labeled “Comments” to the right.
- If there is more than one complaint, click the button “Next Complaint” and repeat the prior steps.
- Click the update button to save information before exiting EHR.