Posting Claim Payments, Write-Offs, and Patient Charges
Claim payments, write-offs, and patient charges is managed in the “Insurance Distribution” tab within the billing window.
- Select the remittance advice at the top
- Click the button “Distribution Entry Tool”.
- Search for a patient by typing their last name in the “Filter Last Name” box.
- Select the date of service associated with payment
- Enter the payment amount in the “Distribution Amount” box at the bottom of the window.
- Click the “Add Distribution” button at the bottom right.
- Repeat these steps for each claim payment.
Posting remaining balances
- Any remaining claim balance will appear in the filed “Distribution Amount” field.
- The drop menu labeled “Type” will default to either “Write Off” or “Deductible Write Off” depending on the assigned visit type shown in the patient billing tab.
- If the patient has secondary insurance, the drop menu labeled “Type” will default to “Generate Secondary Claim”.
- If some or all of the claim balance is the patient’s responsibility, confirm the amount in the field labeled “Distribution Amount” and select “Bill To Patient – Copay”, “Bill To Patient – Deductible”, or “Bill To Patient – Services Not Covered” in the “Type” drop menu
- Click “Add Distribution”
- If all claim benefits are applied for the remittance advice, click the button “Commit” to close and save all postings.