For the following steps, open the EHR window, select a patient and click “View Exam” button.
Recording New Exam
- Select the exams tab at the top of the EHR window and follow these steps below to add specific findings or tests.
- Click the “New Exam” button on the right side of the window
- Select exam sections designated by the tabs to the right of the exam management tab. (NOTE: By default, the physical exam tab will open; however, you may choose any tab to begin your exam)
- Record test results by either typing in text fields, checking checkboxes, clicking radio buttons, or clicking plus or minus signs. (NOTE: To remove exam result, right-click on any selected area)
- Significant other findings are recorded in the text field labeled “notes” below exam illustrations.
- Save exam information by clicking the “save” button at the bottom.
- Select the exam tab at the top of the EHR window
- Click associated exam or re-exam in the list of exams
- Click the Re-Exam button on the right side of the window
- View only the tests performed by clicking buttons labeled “<-Finding” and “Finding ->” at the bottom of the window to navigate through the positive exam results. (NOTE: Test performed will be highlighted orange)
- Change any exam findings as needed
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the window
Updating Existing Exams
(NOTE: If you are updating exams 24 hours past the exam visit, the information should be added as notes in the appropriate exam section. Otherwise, use these steps to update your exams:
- In the exam management window, click on the exam date
- Click “Edit Exam” to the right
- Log in to your provider account
- Make exam updates as necessary
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the window.